Monday, September 8, 2008

Temporal Linearization

I don't spend a lot of my free time out of class watching TV, I've just got to many things to do and projects to finish up. So I had a hard time finding a good, clear example of this term. In fact, I'd probably have to say that I really can't say that I've ever seen anything similar to the example that we watched in class before in my life, at least not in the way that it was used in that film.

There is a section in the movie "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" toward the end in when the good guys finally see what the evil "M" has been up to in his scheme to mass produce all the evil weapons of them selves or their belongings to start a world war, which starts out with how Grey stole thier secrets to a sceen of the mass production of each thing in the science labs and production plant. This is probably the closest thing that I can probably relate to temporal linearization, but it isn't quite as obvious as our in class example from last Wednesday.

I really don't know what else to use as a good example for this term because even with this example, it's more of the images tying themselves together rather than the music or sound connecting everything in the film. So there is my humble attempt at describing temporal linearizaton I hope it was kind of close. As far as the rest of the sounds of the film, they were great, the film has a great score and all the added sounds truly worked well to complement the screen shots. Many of the sounds heard in this film were diagetic, but there were quite a few non-diagetic sounds that turned diagetic later on in the screen sequences so overall the added sounds were very Empathetic in nature for the most part. This is yet another great film, check it out if you haven't already.

No comments: