Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lost

An interesting thing:

I have watched almost every episode of lost within 3-5 weeks.  This will be sort of a random post- but I suggest you try this:

Ok.  So we all know that seasons of shows are now on DVD at the local "place where you buy DVD's".  They get kind of spendy- but most likely- one of your friends has the entire thing (which is how I lucked out) and you'll be able to borrow it at least once.  Now first things first: you have to watch the season like a movie.  Take it in much quicker than it was intended to be- for instance: on TV.  This gives you a macroscopic view of your favorite season.

For those of you who don't know me very well, I don't have cable and this has been the first TV show I have watched since, well, high school.  So when my roommates kept giving me grief about not coming to 'Lost Nights' at our buddies, I finally gave in and started it up.  But since the seasons were so interesting- I got hooked.  

So now I am drawing nearer to the last episodes and I feel that I have only watched a movie.  I kept saying in class something about how some segments of film seem long, but with this, it is the opposite.  It feels as though I could watch the entire series again from the beginning.

I guess now what I would ask you is:

  • Could you do this too (with any series)?
  • Why do you think it seems shorter than it is?
  • Can you compare a movie to an entire series?
Or does this just examine my own personality.

Let me know.

1 comment:

Logan said...

HA! I guess when you make bulleted lists in "trebuchet" they turn out as flowers.

I'll have to fix that.