Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nothing To Listen To

So, here is what my Saturday night movie fest consisted of, let’s see…. 27 Dresses was probably my favorite, it had decent a sound track and supporting sound effects , over all the sounds were empathic to what was happening on screen although to be honest I was kind of sucked into the film, I’m a sucker for romantic comedies.

Over Her Dead Body was about the same, but not nearly as funny since I was playing computer games on my laptop through most of it. My roommate picked out Dead or Alive which, again, I played video games through. It’s not that it’s not a good movie, it just that I kind of lost my patience for repetitive cheesy fake fighting scenes after The Matrix came out. I need a certain amount of reality in what I watch to keep my attention. Sadly reality TV shows do not meet those specific criteria.

And lastly, what has to be the worst sequel I have ever seen, the new Cutting Edge, Chasing a Dream. Yes, the story line was ok for a romantic comedy even though it was repetitive in the plot. But the music/soundtrack for this film reminded me of something from A High School Musical, which I refuse to see, but know well from the thousand different TV commercials. The only thing I really thought was supportive in the sound for the film was the skating sounds. It’s funny, I rented it because every time I turn on the TV, I seem to catch either the beginning or the end and I never seem to have time to watch it, I’ve learned now that it was probably better that way. Because I was sadly disappointed in this film overall not only were the sounds mismatched for the film, but it felt like most of the dramatic scenes were rushed as well. Maybe I’ll have better luck next weekend.

No comments: