Sunday, September 7, 2008

Resident Evil Apocalypse and Extinction

Resident Evil Apocalypse

Ah, the sounds of gore and the dead coming back to life. I'm not sure what it sounds like to be eaten alive, but they sure did a great job giving me an idea. Such a great scary/suspenseful film. The Resident Evil series is really one of my favorite films. I love the story line, but mostly, it makes me wonder just how bad could things turn out in the future with all of our government experimenting. I know it's really a morbid thought. I like the music for the film as well. I think that the sound work for the film was extensive and very well done. All the different sounds that I noticed worked to complement the scenes and definitely added to the film experience.

Overall, the music and sound that accompany the work extremely well together to create a mood of suspense, fright and anticipation which is very effective in this case. The final film of this series Extinction was also great. Eerie music accompanied with squeaky metal and electrical sparks and the sounds of immense destruction and amazing fighting scenes make for another great film. I thought the sounds used to accompany the scenes with the big energy surges were really neat, I really don't know how to describe it other than the scene where Alice creates a huge fiery explosion in the sky destroying all the flesh eating crows that were attacking the convoy of survivors. The sound effects for these types of scenes are hard to describe, but were really great, so if you you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

No comments: