Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Final Blogtier

To be honest, I am not sure how to wrap up with my final blog. Do I discuss the skills I have learned? I could. My soldering is better as is my confidence in dealing with circuitry but such truths are trivial and do not make good reading of any kind. Do I talk about circuit bending? Been there, done that. Do I talk about homemade instruments? Same shit, different day. What's left? It's the end of the semester and I'm blown out physically and mentally. To borrow a phrase from Dylan, I'm tangled up in blue.
What is left? How about using MIDI to control telsa coils? Not exactly DIY stuff but I think that can be forgiven (it still falls into the electro-acoustic music after all). Bah, that is old hat too. You know maybe I have nothing left to say about DIY. May be I have things to ask instead. This question is open to anyone. This DIY stuff is entertaining on its own and to be a part of but I have to wonder and ask - do you think you will continue to tinker after this class is done? I surely hope to. In fact, I have a few projects in mind for summer. But this is not about me - I would like to hear if anyone else plans on using this stuff in the future.

No comments: