Saturday, May 8, 2010

DIY Audio and Beyond

DIY Audio taught me much more than just how to create microphones and electronic instruments with little or no cash. Before DIY audio, I had a very minimal understanding of electronics and wiring. That understanding was enhanced by DIY at “paradigm shift” levels. DIY taught me that most electronics are very simple at their most basic level. DIY also taught me skills like soldering and circuit construction. I learned how to make circuits that can be used for electronic sound, lighting, video, or just about anything electronic. I also learned how to repair or modify my own battery powered electronics. This class gave me skills that will save me large sums of money in the long run. This class also exposed me to an entire new world of artistic possibilities. The materials for DIY audio projects are cheap and easy to come by and their possibilities are limitless.

No comments: