Friday, May 7, 2010

Amp Chip 386N

Tiny and useful. Cut out the middleman! This circuit should be pushed back earlier in the semester. Once we built it I was able to apply my chips to the happy task of oscillating all the random speakers that are scattered around my room. No more restrictive mini-amp. Better yet, you can build the 200-gain variation and listen to the distortion as your speaker attempts to cope with the ridiculous amount of power. And it uses one less battery than the typical mini-amp setup. This was a vital piece of my final project (and sadly the source of its failure) but after I dig it out of the circuit board I'm sure I'll be using it again.

I assume if you made a fancy little case for a circuit like this you could undercut radio-shack by selling the things for 10 bucks on ebay.

No comments: