Sunday, October 19, 2008

Looks Like...

I have some catching up to do.

The theatre experience.  It was interesting to say the least.  I hadn't been inside that part of a theater.  Yes I am using both words: Theatre and Theater.  I don't actually use the first (thee-a-tre) since it is sort of awkward to say.  I digress.

The actual tour or ture:  One of the most interesting things were the differences in technology than I was expecting.  I still thought of the 'reel-to-reel' style projector and was sort of startled by the box-shaped thing that was spewing out lit pictures upon the screen.  Another was the way the film was stored before and after it went through the projector.  Once again- an ingenious idea compared with rewinding the reels the old way I suppose.  The last major thing was the different methods of audio embedded on the film and on CD with the synching process.  I am amazed that binary can be transmitted the way it is.  It makes absolutely no sense to me at the moment, but I'm sure a few classes, and a league of homework later I could find out.  But since I'm behind on a task like Blogging- then I'm probably not ready for that endeavor yet.  We'll see.

The things that I didn't find surprising was the atmosphere of the projector area.  For some reason I had this innate feeling it would be sort of attic-like and look the way it did.  It serves a function.  It doesn't necessarily need to look like the main 'consumer' area- since they don't see it- it wont affect the business.  Although- I would think since someone has to sit up there and wait for movies to get done hour after hour- that they would spruce it up a little bit- or even have carpeting so that they don't make noise while walking from place to place.  Who knows- maybe it's set up the best way possible.

And I have deviated away from anything class-like.  Great.

No comments: