Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friday's Tour

I now understand why my brother, who is the facilities manager at the Eden Prarie AMC movie theater complians so much when the projectionists are gone and he has to run the booth. I don't think that I could ever figure out the order of the film reels for set up even after watching someone set up those machines a dozen or so times.

I was fairly surprised about the CD and film syncronization though it was something I never bothered to ask about and I was surprised to hear that they used welding glass for the windows in the booth. I feel so cheated, never in all the gripping about his job has said brother ever mentioned exploding bulbs. That has to be fun to watch provided one is wearing the appropriate protective clothing.

I think that the thing that shocked me the most thought is just how long the film reels really were. I can't imagine how complicated it must be to splice together all the sections. I was thouroghly surprised by all of the different things that we go to see. And here I though all they had to do was pop in a DVD.

No comments: