Sunday, February 1, 2009

Robert Irwin Video

After watching this video I did some research on Robert Irwin, out of my own curiosity. What I found interesting was that the work in which he talks about in the video was not the only untitled work that he did. From what I could find, most or all his works were untitled. (don't quote me on this because I'm not to sure about that statement.)

I really liked his thinking behind not putting a label on his works. Like with anything else putting a label puts a thought into a viewers head. But Robert was aiming for the responsibility of thought to be put in the viewer.

I also liked the comment he made about isolating an object that has become so common to the world, that is goes unseen. It is very admirable that he has worked on making common objects in a given room to be viewed in a new way.

I wanted to put up one of his works in the walker art center, but the web address won't show up on my post.

http://www.imamuseum.org/explore/artwork/718?

No comments: