Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Organ, The Wind, The Baby

In the art gallery there were 4 different works.

One was broken it just said something about S video input so I did not spend much time on that.

The first one that I really noticed was the organ, probably because of the giant spinning skulls.
When I went to play it I noticed that certain keys were marked with black or blue bars, So those were the ones that I played. This is when I realized that its pretty loud. And I think this is why its not payed for to long by people that come in there. Other interesting things about it is that it does have a microphone set up and it also has a guitar jack, so I assume you can plug in to it with other instruments.

The Baby is the other piece that you notice almost instantly. This is a loop of what sounds like baby gibberish played constantly along with a colored projection. This piece is semi soothing but it is quickly ignored because of its consistancey.

The one that is often noticed last is a loop of wind and what sounds like a motorcycle. This was interesting because it rarely went off and when it did it only lasted for a few minutes. The best part about this piece was that it quite often startled people because you do not expect it. This piece also had a projection screen with it.

No comments: