Tuesday, February 24, 2009

bathroom fun

A space that has really intrigued me for a while now is the bathrooms of the P.A.C. The reason that they intrigue me is the amount of reverb that is present inside of the bathroom. Since there are so many flat hard surfaces, sound tends to bounce around in the space. The other thing that really intrigues me is the double doors that lead into the bathrooms. I have never seen this kind of double door on any other bathroom around campus or anywhere for that matter. I'm guessing that they are used to dampen sound coming from the bathrooms, so as not to disturb the music or performances going on in the performing arts center. They also give the space some additional attributes. The reverb in the space between the doors is completely different from that of the bathroom itself.

No comments: