Sunday, December 9, 2007

Reflection Before a Performance

So here we are. The night before our circus.

I have never uttered those words ever before in my life.

I'm guessing only those that have traveled with the circus have. I doubt anyone in class has, but if so- I apologize. I think the real fun tomorrow will be all of the collaboration during the overlapping sections. It may not be really fun for the audience since they don't know what has transpired in class to bring this particular performance to them, but maybe they will see us enjoying our sonic mayhem and live through us vicariously.

So this post is really not too academic. But then again, I don't want it to be. There will be one after the performance that will have way too much jargon and vernacular pertaining to class. This post is my reflection of what I think sometimes we neglect learning all the particulars about music. At it's heart- music is to have fun. Plain and simple. You could say historically it was to please the gods- but if you think about it- if they (He, them, it, whatever you believe) are pleased: we're more likely to have fun, huh? So there it is. I'm sure we'll all have fun and show some unlikely audience member what they are missing out on.

Short post I know. Just remember to have fun! That's what it's all about!

No comments: