Monday, November 19, 2007

Talkin' About Nothing!

Just thought I'd pop up a quicky message about the Cage lecture on nothing. After reading Cage's lecture I had a few things that came to mind. The first being the idea that I came into reading this not knowing what talking about nothing would be like and was happy to read that he DID, in fact, go off on tangents talking about some things! The part that was purposefully repetitive and annoying was a bit much even if it proved the point it was trying to prove. I still have yet to form an idea of how this is to be read if one is not to follow the way the words are spread out on the page. Reading it in a normal way sounds right but feels awkward when seeing how the wordings are spaced. I also question what if anything could be played or done in union with the speaking of this lecture. We wouldn't want something to overpower it but alone it doesn't seem quite enough. We'll see.

No comments: