Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Nothing: The Presequel to My Earlier Blogs Yet to be Posted

Aside from reminding me about what every episode of Seinfeld is about, "Lecture On Nothing" was actually more enjoyable to read than I thought it would be. It showed me especially that Cage was a formidable philosopher as well as musical pioneer.

The whole time I just wish I could join into the lecture with some further discussion about what it really connotes. The piece/lecture can be looked at so many ways. In no way is it "nothing"- the irony being that it is quite something. Even the punctuation is structured. Each individual topic he chooses, whether directly relevant or not, can be dissected into another discussion. Even though it seems very tangential it still occupies verbal territory regarding nothing.

I apologize. I can't think very well right now and I feel like I am typing with some weird vernacular that doesn't quite make sense. I think it is a side-effect of sitting, staring at a ProTools session for 5-6 hours straight.

Continuing on...

The work itself really dove into an area of thought that I like delving into everyonceandawhile:

Something that is either totally absolute, or absolutely
nothing or non-existent.

This is really flossing the teeth of extremism in philosophy, but I don't believe "nothing" exists. The only rational explanation for, the ironically stated, "existence of nothing" is that it is only a pseudonym to express an all-encompassing opposite for "everything". And being that everything is still here, intact, to my knowledge, and my perception, to me, gives "nothing" only a function within theory, conversation and controversy... and shenanigans.

The only acceptable answer I have come up with is that: only when and if all perception is gone- from any being that is able to perceive- knowingly or unknowingly---- Then there is nothing. Even if the sun still burns in the sky and the barren Earth still spins in its same direction, no one would be there to prove that it does or doesn't exist.

ARE YOU READY FOR MORE MIND-BLOWING BLATHER!!?!??!

Tune into my next blog.
Thanks.

No comments: