Saturday, February 26, 2011

Art, Music & The Body: Creative Collaboration

I found this super cool collaboration. Between Curator, fluteboxer and illustrator. The projects name is "Totally Wired: Drawing Breath". It is a very interesting project by Curator Annie Bicknell, fluteboxer Nathan Lee and illustrator Steven Appleby. What happens in this performance is that the fluteboxer is hooked up with cables and when he plays the flute curator is able to monitor the body and chest movements and  than the illustrator Steven obviously illustrates, he tryes to illustrate the things that he think goes through Nathan's head. This is really cool because its a collaboration between artists and scientists. When Nathan plays flute  Annie monitors his  heart and my oxygen blood levels through these wires and they put it into machines . Nathan and Steven are two completely different artist and having them work together was an experiment itself. But what made this project work is that they both head appreciation and enthusiam for each other works. Nathan Lee has some interesting music, I dont think I have ever heard of a flute beetboxer, it kind of remindes me of a Flutist from Shrek4:) I think this would be a cool project to do with a big orchestra, although results probably would of been very different because the illustrator would have to try to get in to too many people's head. I was not able to find a lot of information on this project, so I am not sure what else to include in this blog.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUeE0nkEhrE
By Olga Oseth

No comments: